Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top Acoustic Guitar Vintage White
The Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top acoustic guitar takes you back to the '30s and '40s, back when smaller parlor guitars like the Gretsch Rex were the kings of front-porch strumming and backyard get-togethers. A traditional 12-fret guitar through and through, you'll be hard pressed to find a more comfortable acoustic guitar than the G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top, whose small body makes it an ideal choice for your next couch guitar. At the same time, a highly resonant agathis back, sides, and top, along with an elongated body, give the Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top plenty of natural projection.
Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top 12-fret Acoustic Guitar at a Glance:
- A parlor-size guitar with full-bodied 12-fret sound and exceptional projection
- Agathis provides the traditional soft warmth of vintage pinewood acoustic guitars
- This traditional acoustic instrument celebrates Gretsch's roots in American music
A parlor-size guitar with full-bodied 12-fret sound and exceptional projection
When acoustic guitars like the G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top were a far more common sight, guitarists relied on the natural volume of their instruments to be heard over full bands and across crowded halls. By jointing the neck to the body at the 12th fret rather than the 14th fret, as is common practice today, and by elongating the front bout, old-time luthiers were able to produce smaller guitars that projected with surprising volume. So when you pick up and strum your G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top, don't be surprised by its remarkably powerful voice - be delighted!
Agathis provides the traditional soft warmth of vintage pinewood acoustic guitars
Pine was one of the most popular woods for smaller acoustic guitars in the first half of the 20th century, but time has shown how this softer tonewood ages: not so well. Agathis, on the other hand, a distant relative of pine, gives you the same tonal character, but weathers far better. That's why Gretsch turned to this rapidly renewable tonewood when they created the G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top. With a voice as resonant as alder but warm and mellow like mahogany, the G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top is a perfect choice for singer/songwriters and acoustic groups alike.
This traditional acoustic instrument celebrates Gretsch's roots in American music
Part of their Roots collection, the G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top gives you a chance to own one of Gretsch's earliest instruments. Everyone knows Gretsch electric guitars and drums, but did you know they got their start in 1883 as a banjo company? It wasn't long before Gretsch was making mandolins, ukuleles, and eventually flat-top guitars, contributing to the very roots of American music. So when you pick up a G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top, you're holding more than a great guitar, you're holding a piece of American music history.
Gretsch G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top 12-fret Acoustic Guitar Features:
- An old-fashioned 12-fret guitar that conjures up the sound and spirit of the '30s and '40s
- Comfortable parlor-sized body makes this an excellent guitar for casual strumming on the couch
- Elongated bouts and 12-fret design provide incredible projection and volume
- Agathis back, sides, and top provide clear resonance, rich warmth, and a mellow, lyrical sound
- Part of Gretsch's esteemed Roots collection, reviving the classic Rex acoustic guitar
- Limited run of this finish - get yours while they're still here!
Capture the sound of by-gone days with a Gretsch Roots Collection G9500 Jim Dandy Flat Top 12-fret acoustic guita