Crowther Audio Hotcake Overdrive/Distortion Pedal - Designed And Built Here In New Zealand!
The HOTCAKE is one of the oldest tried and true overdrive pedals made. Compact size and basic functions make this pedal extremely popular and widely used. It can go anywhere between a semi-clean boost and wide array of screaming overdrive. This is the pedal that will turn your clean amp into an animal…….
The HOTCAKE is built in a small all metal enclosure and is true bypass but with LED. The new version has a tone knob that has replaced the Mid Range Boost Switch with powerful and more useful results. Made by Crowther Audio in New Zealand these pedals are hand made. They have a 9V AC input and extremely well built. If you have a Twin, AC30 or any chiming clean amp that needs to growl try the Cake…….they are HOT!
Cake 2.0 now includes both the Standard and the Bluesberry in one pedal. There are jumpers inside the units that allow to pick which one you desire. Two for one !
- Input impedance: 1
- Megohm. (equivalent to a typical valve amplifier. )
- Output impedance: less than 13k Ohm
- Recommended minimum output load impedance: 100k Ohm.
- Bypass type: Circuit converts into a high quality buffer with simple, quiet, seamless switching, using gold plated contacts.
- Phase polarity: Non inverting.
- Continuous current consumption approx. 3.5 mA (LED on)
- External power supply socket. 9-12VDC, 2.1mm, pin negative. Compatible with most popular AC adapters.
- If more than one pedal is powered from the same adapter, a regulated type should be used to minimise “hum” (100/120hz) which can be caused by circulating ripple currents.