Fender '72 Telecaster Thinline 3 Colour Sunburst
Fender '72 Telecaster Thinline 3 Colour Sunburst - Adventurous guitarists started hot-rodding their Telecasters in the late '60s and early '70s with big-sounding humbucking pickups that lent new style and swagger to rock music. The Classic Series '72 Telecaster Thinline brings it all back as an authentic evocation of its semi-hollow 1972 ancestor, including dual Fender Wide Range humbucking pickups, a large pickguard, Stratocaster® bridge and more. A favorite of players from '70s rock to modern U.K. alt-rock and much more.
Wide Range Humbucking Pickups
The Modern Wide Range humbucking pickups on this guitar expertly evoke the look of the famous Fender pickup design of the early 1970s, as used on original-era Telecaster Thinline, Telecaster Custom and Telecaster Deluxe models.
The most notable hallmark of this modern Telecaster Thinline model is its comfortably lightweight semi-hollow body, which also contributes much to its resonant tonal character and authentically evokes its late-1960s and early-’70s ancestors.
’70s-Style "F" Tuners
This specialized ’72 Telecaster model features the nicely authentic touch of sealed tuners stamped with the stylized capital "F" from the classic Fender script logo.
- Lightweight semi-hollow ash body with single f hole
- Maple neck with “U” profile, “bullet” truss rod, three-bolt neck plate and Micro-Tilt™
- 7.25”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 vintage-style frets
- Dual Fender Wide Range humbucking pickups with three-way switching
- Distinctively shaped large white pearloid pickguard
- Vintage-style string-through-body Stratocaster hard-tail bridge