Fender American Original 60s Jaguar Surf Green Rosewood Board
Fender American Original 60s Jaguar Surf Green Rosewood Board - Never resting in our mission to make life better for musicians, we created the short-scale Jaguar guitar in 1962. Originally released as our feature-rich, top-of-the-line electric guitar, it inspired the heroes of the musical underground and hit its stride with surf, punk and alternative guitarists. The American Original ‘60s Jaguar brings that supple sound and slinky playability to life again, slightly tweaked for a modern feel.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- Two Pure Vintage ‘62 single-coil Jaguar pickups
- Lead/rhythm circuit; bass-cut “strangle” switch
- "‘60s C”-shaped neck profile; 9.5”-radius fingerboard
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish that not only lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
PURE VINTAGE ‘62 PICKUPS
American Original instruments feature specially voiced pickups crafted to reproduce authentic Fender sound.
“’60s C” NECK SHAPE
This Jaguar features a “C”-shaped neck profile delivered straight from the 1960s to your hands. Remarkably comfortable, it suits any playing style.
VINTAGE-ACCURATE BODY AND NECK RADII
Original-era fans can rest assured every curve and line of the body and neck are accurate to the historic originals.
From the bridge to the string tree and tuning machines, every piece of hardware is just like the original.
FINGERBOARD & FRETS
This 9.5”-radius fingerboard is slightly flatter than a vintage-style 7.25” radius, providing a comfortable fret-hand feel. Vintage-tall frets make it easier to bend notes without fretting out.
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Jaguar
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: Surf Green
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: '60s C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Round-laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, Vintage Tall
- Scale Length: 24"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Vintage-style Floating Tremolo
- Tuners: Fender Deluxe Pure Vintage
- Neck Pickup: '62 Pure Vintage Jaguar Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: '62 Pure Vintage Jaguar Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x volume, 1 x tone, 2 x thumbwheel (neck volume, tone), 2-way slide (rhythm/lead), 2 x on/off pickup switches, bass-cut switch
- Strings: Fender USA 250R, NPS, .009-.046
- Case Included: Deluxe Brown Hardshell Case