Fender American Original '60s Jazz Bass 3 Color Sunburst
Fender American Original '60s Jazz Bass 3 Color Sunburst - Released in 1960, the upscale Jazz Bass quickly found favor among working bassists thanks to its premium appointments and versatile sound. The narrower neck seemed tailor-made for fast, dexterous playing, while the pair of single-coil pickups added a bold new dimension to Fender bass tone. The American Original ‘60s Jazz Bass has all the tone and style of its earliest incarnation, with modern playability.
- Alder body with lacquer finish
- Two Pure Vintage ‘64 single-coil Jazz Bass pickups
- Slim “’60s C”-shaped neck profile; 9.5”-radius round-lam rosewood fingerboard
- Vintage-style hardware; four-saddle bridge
- Includes vintage-style hardshell case
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish not only lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
PURE VINTAGE ‘64 JAZZ BASS PICKUPS
American Original instruments feature specially voiced pickups crafted to reproduce authentic Fender sound.
“’60s C” NECK SHAPE
This Jazz Bass features a “C”-shaped neck profile delivered straight from the ‘60s to your hands. Remarkably comfortable, it suits any playing style.
VINTAGE-ACCURATE BODY AND NECK RADII
Original-era fans can rest assured every curve and line of the body and neck are accurate to the historic originals.
From the bridge to the string tree and tuning machines, every piece of hardware is just like the original.
FINGERBOARD & FRETS
This 9.5”-radius fingerboard is slightly flatter than a vintage-style 7.25” radius, providing a comfortable fret-hand feel. Vintage-tall frets make it easier to add vibrato to your basslines.
Fender American Original '60s Jazz Bass Features:
- Made to be played offset-waist body design sits comfortably whether sitting or standing
- Fender Pure Vintage '64 single-coil pickups provide a wide range of low and midrange tone
- Slim ’60s C-shaped neck profile has a feel and response that lets you explore your style
- Pure Vintage reverse open-gear tuners look great and keep you in tune
- Body Shape: Jazz
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 4
- Color: 3-Color Sunburst
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: '60s C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Round-laminated Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Vintage Clay Dot
- Number of Frets: 20, Vintage Tall
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.48"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 4-Saddle Vintage Style, Threaded Steel Saddles
- Tuners: Pure Vintage Reverse Open-Gear
- Neck Pickup: Pure Vintage '64 Single-Coil
- Bridge Pickup: Pure Vintage '64 Single-Coil
- Controls: 2 x volume, 1 x master tone
- Strings: Fender USA 7250M, .045-.105
- Case Included: Vintage-Style Hardshell