Fender American Performer Jazzmaster Penny Rosewood Fretboard
Fender American Performer Jazzmaster Penny Rosewood Fretboard – Worlds collide in the Fender American Performer Jazzmaster solidbody electric guitar. At first glance, it’s a great-looking Jazzmaster — but a closer look confirms that it’s got a Stratocaster vintage-style synchronized tremolo tailpiece. Which means you can expect that voluptuous Jazzmaster tone, with the extended vibrato range the Strat-style tremolo offers. And speaking of tone, a pair of Yosemite single-coil pickups delivers the iconic Jazzmaster tone with a bit more output than usual. Factor in the Greasebucket tone circuit and newly designed ClassicGear tuners, and you’ve got an impressively flexible gigging guitar with the Fender American Performer Jazzmaster.
Yosemite single-coil pickups
Created for the American Performer series, the Yosemite single-coil pickups found on this Jazzmaster deliver the clarity and detail vintage Jazzmaster tone is known for. They’re wound slightly hotter than vintage JM pickups and feature flat-staggered pole pieces for exceptionally balanced output across all strings.
Strat-style synchronized tremolo bridge
We’ve seen a lot of different Jazzmasters come through here, some with the classic offset vibrato tailpiece and some with hardtails. It’s not often we see them with a Strat-style synchronized tremolo, but that’s what you have here on the American Performer Jazzmaster. Complete with bent saddles, this vibrato gives you more bending range than a traditional Jazzmaster. If you love vibrato and always wished your Jazzmaster could bend just a bit more, then this may be the guitar for you.
Greasebucket tone circuit = no more mud
Have you noticed how your note definition can suffer when you roll your tone knob back? Of course, there are lots of tone circuit designs out there, but the Greasebucket tone circuit in the American Performer Jazzmaster lets you roll off highs without affecting low frequencies. That means you can get mellow, subdued tones without your tone becoming muddy and indistinct. Many guitarists don’t use their tone control very much — but maybe that’s because they don’t have the Greasebucket tone circuit.
Fender American Performer Jazzmaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Classic Fender offset design with a Strat-style synchronized tremolo
- Yosemite single-coil pickups deliver classic Jazzmaster tone with slightly more output
- Greasebucket tone circuit maintains low-end clarity when rolling off highs
- Vintage-style ClassicGear tuning machines
- Modern C-shaped neck with satin finish plays fast and smooth
- Single-action truss rod adjusts at the headstock for easy access
- Body Material: Alder Body
- Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern “C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Nut (Material/Width): Synthetic Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender ClassicGear
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Brown Shell
- Pickups: Yosemite Jazzmaster Single-Coil (Bridge/Neck)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag