Fender American Performer Stratocaster HSS Black Maple Fretboard
Fender American Performer Stratocaster HSS Black Maple Fretboard - Born in Corona, California, the American Performer Stratocaster HSS delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an authentic Fender—with new enhancements, like the Double Tap™ humbucking pickup, that make it even more inspiring to play.
- Alder body
- Two Yosemite single-coil Stratocaster pickups; Double Tap™ humbucking bridge pickup
- Push/Pull Pot for Coil Split on Bridge Pickup
- “Modern C”-shaped neck with 9.5”-radius fingerboard; 22 jumbo frets
- ClassicGear™ tuning machines; silver ‘70s logo
New Yosemite Pickups
Handcrafted in Corona, California, Yosemite pickups are specifically voiced for each instrument and position to create sonically versatile and musically useful sounds.
New ClassicGear Tuning Machines
Combining vintage style with a modern 18:1 gear ratio, the ClassicGear tuning machines have smooth action and make it easier to fine-tune your instrument.
Jumbo frets make it easier to achieve wide, expressive bends that add your personal touch to your music.
The push-pull pot controls the unique Double Tap™ humbucking pickup, unlocking single-coil tones without any volume loss, making it easy to adjust your sound mid-performance.
Featuring a “Modern C”-shaped profile that works well with almost any playing style, the neck also hosts a satin finish on the back, giving it a smooth, fast playing feel.
Greasebucket Tone System
This uniquely Fender tone system lets you cut treble without losing gain or “muddying” your sound, preserving your carefully shaped tone.
Fender American Performer Stratocaster Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- Yosemite single-coil pickups with flat-staggered pole pieces to increase output
- Push-pull tone knob lets you split the bridge pickup for an extended range of single-coil tones
- Fender's Greasebucket master tone circuit rolls off highs without reducing gain
- Vintage/modern ClassicGear tuners
- Neck pickup: single-coil (Alnico 4, 7.8K)
- Middle pickup: Yosemite Strat RWRP single-coil (Alnico 4, 8.5K)
- Bridge pickup: Yosemite Strat single-coil (Alnico 2, 8.9K)
- 5-way blade pickup selector switch
- Master volume control
- Push-pull neck/middle tone control
- Bridge tone control (Greasebucket tone circuit)
- Satin polyurethane body and neck finish
- Comfort-contoured alder body
- Modern "C" profile maple neck
- 9.5"-radius fingerboard with 22 jumbo frets
- 6-screw vintage-style Synchronized Tremolo bridge
- 1.685" synthetic bone nut
- Single-action truss rod with headstock access
- Nickel/chrome hardware
- Quality crafted in America
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Color: Black
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Black Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.685"
- Nut Material: Synthetic
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 6-saddle Vintage-style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuners: Fender Classic Gear
- Neck Pickup: Yosemite Strat Single-coil
- Middle Pickup: Yosemite Strat Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Performer DoubleTap Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x tone (neck/middle push/pull coil-split), 1 x tone (bridge), 5-way blade switch, Greasebucket circuit
- Strings: Fender USA, .009-.042
- Case Included: Gig Bag