Fender American Professional Fretless Jazz Bass 3 Colour Sunburst Rosewood Fretboard
Fender American Professional Fretless Jazz Bass 3 Colour Sunburst Rosewood Fretboard - Not many bass guitar designs have found wider favor around the world than the Fender Jazz Bass. This American Professional Fretless Jazz Bass is the latest incarnation of that ground-breaking instrument. Designed from the ground up to offer you an ideal gigging and recording instrument, the American Professional Fretless Jazz Bass boasts a bevy of player-friendly features. Your hand will wrap comfortably around the familiar Modern-C neck contour, while you enjoy the blend of power and old-school low end delivered by a pair of V-Mod single-coil J-style pickups. Get your Jaco fix with the American Professional Fretless Jazz Bass.
One of the best necks in the business
Many bass players agree that Jazz Basses boast some of the best necks ever. And you'll enjoy every bit of that to-die-for profile on your American Professional Jazz. It fits in your hand perfectly while being narrow enough to move up and down the fretboard easily. The neck's satin finish gives the feeling of a well-worked vintage instrument, while its fretless design offers unbridled creative options and tones. And a set of Posiflex graphite rods is installed to keep the neck stable and straight, a very popular addition.
Simple and effective electronics
Jazz basses boast a 2-pickup setup, allowing you to get diverse tonal variation. The single-coils and the bass's 3-knob setup have been responsible for a wide array of some of the most legendary bass tones in history. The American Professional Fretless Jazz Bass V sticks close to its heritage with a duet of V-Mod single-coil pickups. Designed by pickup guru Tim Shaw, these single-coils exhibit the warm and natural tones of older pickups, while delivering the clarity and dynamic range of some of today's best designs.
Though the American Professional Fretless Jazz Bass looks and feels like a familiar friend, it's loaded with features that enhance both playability and tone. One of the most notable is the HiMass vintage-style bridge. This bridge's rigid construction works in concert with the bone nut to transfer more of the string's energy to the body of the instrument, enhancing its sustain and articulation. And the American Professional Fretless Jazz Bass's fluted tuner design ensures you have optimal break angle and tension on your string posts.
Fender American Professional Fretless Jazz Bass Features:
- Tried-and-true J Bass design with player-friendly updates
- 2 V-Mod single-coil pickups blend vintage and modern tonalities
- Alder body delivers a balanced sound
- Popular Modern-C neck profile is fast and comfortable
- Fretless design offers a wide variety of creative options
- Fluted tuners keep proper tension on your string posts
- Neck is stabilized with Posiflex graphite rods
- HiMass vintage bridge adds sustain and articulation
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 4
- Color: 3-color Sunburst
- Body Finish: Polyurethane Gloss
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern C profile
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dots
- Number of Frets: Fretless
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.5"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage, String-thru or Topload
- Tuners: Fluted shaft tuners
- Neck Pickup: V-Mod Jazz Bass Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: V-Mod Jazz Bass Single-coil
- Controls: 2 x volume, 1 x tone
- Case Included: Elite Hardshell case
- Model #: 0194100700