Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster 2 Colour Sunburst Maple Fretboard
Fender Eric Johnson Thinline Stratocaster 2 Colour Sunburst Maple Fretboard - Bringing to life the vision of one of the most respected guitarists in the world, the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline is the perfect marriage between a semi-hollow body and a traditional Stratocaster. Johnson is famous in guitar circles for questing for his ideal tone—liquid and articulate, it perfectly complements the playing style that earned his place in the modern guitar pantheon. In 2015 he approached us to co-design a lightweight, resonant instrument that combines the tones of his favorite semi-hollowbody guitars and his Stratocaster. Two years later, we hit the formula for tonal nirvana with the Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Thinline.
- Semi-hollow alder body and top; nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Three Eric Johnson single-coil Stratocaster pickups
- Custom quartersawn “’57 Soft V”-shaped one-piece maple neck; 12”-radius maple fingerboard; 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge and staggered tuning machines
- Includes custom hardshell case
SEMI-HOLLOW 2-PIECE BODY
We tested many configurations before Johnson settled on the lightweight capped alder body. With custom chambers and traditional Strat contours this guitar looks as good as it plays.
NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER FINISH
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish not only lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
ERIC JOHNSON SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS
Fender's R&D engineers worked closely with Johnson to craft the perfect pickups for his uniquely articulate sound. Carefully blending our legacy with EJ's discerning sonic tastes, these Stratocaster pickups are a key element of his tone.
CUSTOM ERIC JOHNSON NECK
The thick “Soft V”-shaped neck slightly smooths the sharpness of a “V” profile, rounding it out so it’s more comfortable for rhythm and lead playing.
STAGGERED VINTAGE-STYLE TUNING MACHINES
Not only do these tuning machines have a cool vintage look, they also create optimal string break angle at the nut, removing the need for string trees.
NO REAR TREMOLO COVER
Matching Johnson’s own specs, his signature Stratocaster has no tremolo cavity cover on the back and no screw holes for one.
- Body Type: Semi-hollowbody
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: 2-color Sunburst
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: '57 Soft V
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Black Dots
- Number of Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut Material: Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 6-saddle Vintage-style Synchronized Tremolo
- Tuners: Vintage-style Staggered
- Neck Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Middle Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Specially Voiced Eric Johnson Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x volume, 2 x tone (neck, bridge), 5-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, .010-.046
- Case Included: Hardshell Case
- Model #: 0113602703