Fender JMJ Road Worn Mustang Bass Black
Fender JMJ Road Worn Mustang Bass Black - Bassist Justin Meldal-Johnsen is a true renaissance artist who has played with the likes of Beck, Nine Inch Nails, and Drake, among others. A dedicated bass player since the age of 14, "JMJ," as he is affectionately called by fans and music insiders alike, switched to the Fender Mustang Bass exclusively over a decade ago and has never looked back. Now Fender has partnered with JMJ to design the Fender Justin Meldal-Johnsen Road Worn Bass and bring it to the public. The Fender JMJRW is designed specifically to match the vintage ’67 Mustang Bass JMJ plays both on the road and in the studio. An alder body, maple "C" neck, and rosewood fretboard comprise the quality tonewoods for this killer bass. A single Custom Seymour Duncan Split Single-Coil pickup is featured and puts out thick, meaty low-end tone. Bass players here have really fallen for this signature instrument from Fender and know you will too.
That amazing neck
The Fender JMJ Mustang features a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard that makes it smooth, fast, and comfortable. At 30", the JMJ Mustang scale is considerably shorter than a regular-sized bass, making it easier to move up and down the neck. Or, if you're into tapping like JMJ, this neck is great for that too. This shorter scale also means a more pronounced bottom end, slightly tighter top end, and a bit more scoop in the midrange. Whatever style you are playing, this classic "C"-shaped neck gives you options for exploration and variation in approach and attack.
Great pickup for awesome low-end tone
A single custom-spec split-coil Seymour Duncan pickup gives the JMJ Road Worn Mustang bass plenty of punch and power, providing excellent tone for live performance. Vintage black plastic Master Volume and Master Tone controls put you in the driver's seat for stylizing your own approach to laying down a rhythmic low end to any song. In addition, a rad 4-ply aged white Pearloid pickguard adds even more vibe and style to this already sweet bass.
Great worn look and vibe
Fender and JMJ have put all the details into this Mustang Bass to make it resemble the one JMJ plays. From the worn-through paint on the body to pick-nicks on the front, all the way to the aged hardware, the JMJ Mustang looks and feels road-worn and ready to play.
Fender Justin Meldal-Johnsen Mustang Bass Features:
- Solid alder body for great low-end tone
- "C"-shaped maple neck for comfort and playability
- Custom Seymour Duncan split single-coil pickup puts out great low-end tone
- 4-saddle Mustang Bass strings-through-body bridge
- Road-worn appointments in style of JMJ '67 Mustang bass
- Body Shape: Road Worn Mustang Bass
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 4
- Color: Black
- Body Finish: Road Worn Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Aged Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets: 19, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 30"
- Nut Width: 1.625"
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 4-Saddle Mustang Bass Strings-through Body
- Tuners: Standard Open-gear
- Middle Pickup: Custom Seymour Duncan Split Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone
- Strings: 950L Stainless Steel Flatwound, .045-.100
- Case Included: Gig Bag
- Model #: 0144060306