Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar Left-Handed 3 Tone Sunburst Rosewood Fretboard
Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar Left-Handed 3 Tone Sunburst Rosewood Fretboard - Return to the dark intensity and huge guitar sounds of the grunge rock movement with the Kurt Cobain Jaguar, a new-looking version of the battered and highly unusual 1965 Jaguar that Cobain wielded during the heady early-'90s era when Nirvana ruled rock and led a musically stunning and culturally subversive movement. It authentically evokes the modified left-handed Jaguar that Cobain found secondhand and came to prize shortly after the recording of massive 1991 album Nevermind, complete with DiMarzio® humbucking pickups, special switching, exclusive in-case extras and more. Available in right- and left-handed versions.
- Classic Jaguar dual-circuit “lead/rhythm” design
- DiMarzio® DP103 PAF® 36th Anniversary (neck) pickup and DP100 Super Distortion® (bridge) humbucking pickups
- Modified lower switch plate with three-way toggle pickup switch
- Three knurled “chrome-dome” control knobs (volume, volume, tone)
- Black chrome Adjusto-Matic™ bridge and floating tremolo tailpiece with lock button
- Right- and left-handed models
- Black textured vinyl hard-shell case contains exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain book
Gloss Polyester Finish
This instrument features a strong and durable gloss polyester finish in classic Three-Color Sunburst.
DiMarzio® Humbucking Pickups
The supercharged sound of the left-handed Kurt Cobain Jaguar comes from its hot-rodded high-output pickup configuration, consisting of a DiMarzio® humbucking DP103 PAF 36th Anniversary neck pickup and DP100 Super Distortion bridge pickup.
Limited Edition Book
This guitar comes with an exclusive Fender Kurt Cobain book with photos and commentary by photographer Charles Peterson and an insightful interview with Nirvana guitar tech Earnie Bailey.
Bound Rosewood Fingerboard
Kurt Cobain’s signature Jaguar model comes with the authentic mid-’60s touch of a rosewood fingerboard with elegant white binding.
Volume-Volume-Tone Control Configuration
Rather than the traditional Jaguar two-knob configuration for the lead circuit (master volume and master tone), the left-handed Kurt Cobain Jaguar has three control knobs on the lower bout—a volume control for each humbucking pickup and a single master tone control.
Engraved Neck Plate
This signature Jaguar model features a special neck plate engraved with a Fender "logo" originally doodled by Kurt Cobain himself in his journals.
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Jaguar
- Left-/Right-handed: Left-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Color: 3-color Sunburst, NOS
- Neck Material: Maple, Bolt-on
- Neck Shape: Modern C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Bound Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dot
- Number of Frets: 22, medium jumbo
- Scale Length: 24"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Adjust-o-matic Bridge/Vintage Floating Tremolo with Lock Button
- Tuners: Gotoh Sealed
- Neck Pickup: DiMarzio PAF DP-103 36th Anniversary Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion Humbucker
- Controls: 3-position Pickup Switch, 2 x Volume, 1 x Tone, Lead and Rhythm Circuits
- Strings: Fender USA, (.010-.046)
- Case Included: Hardshell
- Model #: 0143021700