Fender MTG Tube Distortion Pedal Tube Overdrive/Distortion/Preamp Pedal
Fender MTG Tube Distortion Pedal Tube Overdrive/Distortion/Preamp Pedal - Many pedals try to emulate the sound of tube breakup; we decided instead of emulating tube distortion, we’d use actual vacuum tubes and give you the real deal in a compact pedal. The heart of the MTG’s design is a NOS (New Old Stock) US-made 6205 preamp tube. 3-Band EQ with Tight control and switchable boost—with its own Level and Boost controls—makes it easy to dial-in just the right sound.
- Real tube-driven distortion pedal
- NOS 6205 preamp tube
- 3-Band EQ; Boost with Gain and Level controls
- LED-backlit knobs; Fender Amp Jewel LED
- Standard 9VDC center-negative power connection
The heart of the MTG Tube distortion is a genuine vacuum tube, in this case a NOS (New Old Stock) 6205 preamp tube.
Not only does the EQ section sport the traditional Bass, Middle and Treble controls, it also has a Tight control so you can contour the low end to taste.
The Boost has its own Level and Boost controls—Level controls the master output level when the Boost circuit is engaged, while the Boost control affects how much gain is introduced.
We managed to shrink the MTG’s circuitry, fitting true tube-driven distortion into a chassis that easily fits on any pedalboard.
The MTG uses a typical 9V center-negative power supply, making it easy to integrate into any rig. Internally, a switch-mode power supply converts the incoming 9 volts to 150 volts and applies that higher voltage to the tube’s plate—just like an amplifier.
Every Fender effects pedal is crafted from lightweight, durable anodized aluminum and includes LED-illuminated controls.
Fender MTG Tube Distortion Pedal Features:
- Tube preamplifier pedal designed in collaboration with amp guru Bruce Egnater
- Driven by a US-made NOS 6205 preamplifier tube for true tube breakup
- 3-band EQ for tone shaping
- Tight control focuses your tone, perfect for punching up leads
- Switchable Boost control bumps up your volume
- Rugged anodized aluminum case
- LED-backlit knobs make it easy to see your settings on a dark stage
- Pedal Type: Distortion, Overdrive
- Analog/Digital: Analog
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4"
- True Bypass: Yes
- Features: NOS 6205 preamp tube
- Power Source: 9V DC power supply (sold separately)
- Power Usage: 290mA
- Height: 1.75"
- Width: 3.75"
- Depth: 4.9"
- Weight: 1.2 lbs.
- Model #: 0234539000