Fender Player Lead II Crimson Red Transparent Electric Guitar
Fender Player Lead II Crimson Red Transparent Electric Guitar - In response to high-quality, low-priced import guitars, Fender created the Lead Series in 1979, featuring a new solid-body design, hard-tail bridges and cool new wiring options. Appealing to a wide variety of players, the sleek new Lead models kicked off a fresh creative era in Fender’s history.
The Player Lead II is an homage to those late 70's models, featuring dual-slanted Player series single coil pickups, a modern "C" neck shape with medium jumbo frets, dual-toggle switches (one for pickup selection, one for phase-reverse), and of course that unique Lead double-cutaway shape. Available in Neon Green, as well as vintage-correct Crimson Red Transparent and Black.
The Player Lead Series offers style, power and versatility in a comfortable, easy-to-play package.
- Player Series Stratocaster Single-Coil Pickups
- 2-Way Phase Toggle Switch
- Modern “C” Neck Profile
- Comfortable Lead Body Shape
- 70s-style “F” Logo Tuners
DUAL-SLANTED PLAYER SERIES SINGLE-COIL PICKUPS
Designed for authentic Fender tone—with a bit of an edge—our Player Series pickups keep a foot in the past while looking to the future.
MODERN "C" NECK SHAPE with 9.5" RADIUS AND MEDIUM JUMBO FRETS
Our Modern “C” neck is comfortable and slim for fast action and effortless bending.
Dual toggle switches offer tonal variety – the top provides standard 3-way switching and the bottom is a 2-way that puts pickups out of phase when both are on.
HARDTAIL STRING-THROUGH-BODY STRAT BRIDGE
A hardtail bridge enhances vibration transfer resulting in increased sustain while the six individual saddles can be adjusted for precise intonation along each string.
FENDER "F" TUNERS
These tuning machines offer the look and feel of their classic predeccesors with the added benefit of enhanced tuning stability.
Fender Player Series Lead II Solidbody Electric Guitar Features:
- A modernization of the classic 1970s/'80s Fender Lead II
- Blends vintage design with modern comforts
- Dual Alnico V single-coil Strat pickups cover a wide range of musical styles
- Phase-reverse switch nets you Brian May leads to funky scratch tones in position two
- Speedy 3-way toggle with master volume/tone
- Modern "C" maple neck with 9.5"-radius fingerboard and medium-jumbo frets affords excellent playability
- Hardtail 6-saddle bridge maximizes tuning and vibration transfer
- Number of Strings: 6
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Player Lead II
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Color: Crimson Red Transparent
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay: White Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 6-Saddle String-through Body Hardtail with Block Saddles
- Tuners: Vintage F Logo
- Neck Pickup: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Player Series Alnico 2 Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way toggle coil split, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings: Fender NPS, .009-.042
- Model #: 0144213538