Fender Player Mustang Bass PJ Sienna Sunburst
Fender Player Mustang Bass PJ Sienna Sunburst - Since its original release in 1964, the Mustang Bass has been one of Fender's most enduring bass designs, finding its way into the hands of bassists ranging from The Rolling Stones to My Chemical Romance. This updated version of the short-scale underground hero adds the power of our venerable P Bass® and J Bass® pickups to the traditional Mustang design for flexible, thunderous bass tone with smooth playing feel and slick visual style.
- 30” scale length; “C”-shaped maple neck
- One P Bass split single-coil middle pickup, one J Bass® single-coil bridge pickup
- 9.5”-radius Pau Ferro fingerboard with 19 medium jumbo frets
- Four-saddle bridge; four-bolt neck plate; vintage-style tuning machines
- Master Volume and Tone controls; three-way pickup switch
PLAYER SERIES PICKUPS
Designed for authentic Fender tone—with a bit of an edge—our Player Series pickups keep a foot in the past while looking to the future.
PJ PICKUP CONFIGURATION
Bassists will appreciate the remarkable tonal versatility of the PJ pickup configuration, with a thunderous split single-coil Precision Bass middle pickup and growling Jazz Bass bridge pickup.
30"-SCALE NECK WITH 9.5” FINGERBOARD RADIUS
This classic short scale makes it easier to comfortably reach the lower frets while maintaining Fender's punchy bass sound. The 9.5”-radius fingerboard offers enough arcto provide a natural fret-hand feel.
Combining form and function perfectly, the 4-saddle bridge features modern slotted saddles for enhanced tuning stability and punchy attack.
“F”-STAMPED NECK PLATE
Each Player Precision Bass includes an “F”-stamped neck plate, leaving no doubt as to the instrument’s pedigree.
OPEN-GEAR TUNING MACHINES
A classic design element from the earliest days of the electric bass, the open-gear tuning machines offer rock-solid tuning stability.
Fender Player Series Mustang Bass PJ Features:
- Electric bass with the classic Mustang body style and a versatile pair of pickups
- P and J Bass single-coil pickups offer a flexible voice
- Fine-tune your sound with individual volume controls for each pickup
- Short scale length creates great tone and increased playability
- Smooth-playing C-shaped maple neck with a maple fingerboard
- Eye-catching chrome hardware
- Balanced-sounding alder body
- Body Shape: Player Mustang
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 4
- Color: Sienna Sunburst
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay: White Dots
- Number of Frets: 19, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 30"
- Nut Width: 1.5"
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 4-Saddle Standard
- Tuners: Fender Vintage-Style
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Precision Split Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style Jazz Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings: Fender NPS, .045-.105
- Model #: 0144052547