Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat Acoustic Electric Guitar Natural Walnut Fretboard
Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat Acoustic Electric Guitar Natural Walnut Fretboard - Based on the favorite '60s Fender acoustic guitar of Rancid's Tim Armstrong, Fender's Tim Armstrong Hellcat 6-string acoustic-electric is a true signature instrument with all the detailed visual appointments that make Tim's original guitar iconic. Fender keeps the vibe of Armstrong's time-tested axe but gives it a touch of modern flair and style, captured in the pearl acrylic Hellcat logos on the third, fifth, and seventh frets and double-skulls at the 12th fret. Thanks to its solid mahogany top and mahogany back and sides, the Tim Armstrong Hellcat 6-string sounds fantastic unplugged — great for jams in the backyard or on the beach. And when you're ready to plug in, you'll find an onboard Fishman Tim Armstrong preamplifier with a built-in tuner kicking out solid amplified acoustic tone.
A great collaboration between great visionaries
Tim Armstrong is the songwriter behind the infamous punk band Rancid — and behind each of those songs stands Armstrong's songwriting partner: his trusty '60s Fender acoustic. Armstrong worked with Fender to design a modern version of his time-tested partner — giving it a strong, rich voice. It also features a few touches of flair to match up with Armstrong's signature style, like pearl acrylic Hellcat fret inlays as well as two skulls adorning its 12th fret, black painted headstock, and a 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard.
All-mahogany body for superb acoustic tone
The Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat 6-string acoustic guitar features a solid mahogany top and mahogany back and sides, giving it a rich and warm voice that is further enriched by its concert-sized body style with Fender's advanced scalloped bracing. The instrument also features a maple neck, a walnut fingerboard, and vintage-style open-gear tuners.
Fender Tim Armstrong Hellcat 6-string Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- 6-string acoustic, a true signature instrument with all the detailed visual appointments of the original
- Solid mahogany top and laminated mahogany back and sides deliver warm, robust tone
- Fishman Tim Armstrong preamplifier with a built-in tuner kicks out solid amplified acoustic tone
- Pearl acrylic Hellcat logos on the 3rd, 5th, and 7th frets and double-skulls at the 12th fret
- Black painted headstock and a 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard add even more signature vibe
- Maple neck and walnut fingerboard offer great playability and response
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Concert
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Satin
- Top Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Back & Sides Wood: Laminated Mahogany
- Body Bracing: Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding: Multiple
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Radius: 11.81"
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Fingerboard Inlay: Hellcat
- Number of Frets: 19
- Scale Length: 25.3"
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-style with Aged White Plastic Buttons
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Nut/Saddle Material: Nubone/Nubone compensated
- Nut Width: 1.69"
- Electronics: Fishman Isys III
- Strings: Fender Dura-Tone, .012-.052
- Body Length: 19.25"
- Body Width: 15.25" Lower Bout, 11.75" Upper Bout