Fender Vintera '60s Jazz Bass Firemist Gold
Fender Vintera '60s Jazz Bass Firemist Gold - For players who want the style and sound of Fender’s golden era, we created the Vintera ‘60s Jazz Bass. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade—including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with recreated ‘60s pickups—this bass has all of the growl that made the J Bass® famous.
For authentic, original-era tone we re-voiced the pair of single-coil Jazz Bass pickups to sound more like the originals. Gritty and growling, they have the tone that made the J Bass popular. The “Mid '60s C”-shaped neck has a 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style, 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles and reverse, open-gear tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include 34” scale length, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.
- Alder body
- Two ‘60s Jazz Bass single-coil pickups
- “Mid '60s C”-shaped maple neck; 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets
- 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles; reverse open-gear tuning machines
- Includes deluxe gig bag
A classic Fender tone wood, alder’s sound is balanced with equal doses of lows, mids and highs.
“Mid '60s C” NECK PROFILE
Remarkably comfortable, the “Mid '60s C"-shaped neck profile is sculpted for a vintage-style playing feel—thinner at the first fret, thicker at the twelfth.
REVOICED 60s J BASS PICKUPS
We revoiced the pickups to be more ‘60s-accurate. They’re full of the growling, punchy tone that made Fender famous.
Hosting 20 vintage-style frets, the 7.25”-radius fingerboard provides the comfortable playing feel of a vintage instrument.
VINTAGE-STYLE 4-SADDLE BRIDGE
Hosting 4 threaded saddles for period-correct aesthetics, this bridge offers solid intonation and action adjustment.
VINTAGE-STYLE TUNING MACHINES
A way cool touch from the ‘60s, the reverse open-gear tuning machines offer a dash of style from the Flower Power decade.
Fender Vintera '60s Jazz Bass Features:
- Alder body; gloss urethane finish
- 4-ply tortoiseshell pickguard
- Maple neck, '60s C profile
- Pau ferro fingerboard, 7.25" radius, dot inlays
- 34" scale length; 20 vintage-style frets
- Bridge and neck pickups: Vintage-style '60s single-coil
- Bridge and neck volume controls
- Master tone control
- 4-saddle American Vintage bass bridge
- 1.5" synthetic bone nut
- American Vintage reverse open-gear bass tuners
- Body Shape: Jazz
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 4
- Color: Firemist Gold
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Material: Alder
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: '60s C
- Radius: 7.25"
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay: White Dots
- Number of Frets: 20, Vintage
- Scale Length: 34"
- Nut Width: 1.5"
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 4-saddle American Vintage
- Tuners: American Vintage Reverse Open-gear
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-style '60s Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-style '60s Single-coil
- Controls: 2 x volume, 1 x master tone
- Strings: Fender NPS, .045-.105
- Case Included: Gig Bag
- Model #: 0149633353