Fender Vintera '60s Telecaster Modified Lake Placid Blue
Fender Vintera '60s Telecaster Modified Lake Placid Blue - For players who appreciate the mojo of the past matched to contemporary features, we created the Vintera® ‘60s Telecaster® Modified. Blending classic looks with a modern neck profile and fingerboard radius, hotter pickups and updated electronics—this guitar packs a surprising amount of power under the hood.
For modern Fender tone we recreated the pair of ‘60s single-coil Telecaster pickups then kicked things up a bit by increasing the output. Twangy and articulate, they have the power you need for any style of music. The "60s C"-shaped neck has a 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets for modern playing feel. A vintage-style Tele® bridge with three brass saddles gives this Telecaster it’s characteristic twang, while 4-way switching gives you even more tonal variety. Series wiring makes this Tele sound fat, like a humbucking pickup, while the S-1™ switch puts the pickups out of phase with each other for a cool “strangled” tone. Other features include vintage-style tuning machines and strap buttons, chrome hardware and four-bolt neck plate. Includes deluxe gig bag.
- Alder body
- Two Hot ‘60s Tele single-coil pickups
- "60s C"-shaped maple neck with satin back finish; 9.5”-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Vintage-style Tele® bridge with three brass barrel saddles
- Includes deluxe gig bag
A classic Fender tone wood, alder’s sound is balanced with equal doses of lows, mids and highs.
"60s C" NECK PROFILE
Remarkably comfortable, the "60s C"-shaped neck profile is sculpted for a substantial playing feel.
HOT 60s TELE PICKUPS
We redesigned this guitar’s pickups. They’re packed with the bell-like, highly articulate tone that made Fender famous—only hotter.
Comfortable for chording and single-note playing alike, the fingerboard offers modern feel thanks to its 9.5” radius and medium-jumbo frets, which make it easier to bend accurately.
VINTAGE-STYLE 3-SADDLE BRIDGE
This Telecaster incorporates a vintage-style bridge with string-through-body design and three chrome “barrel” saddles for extra bite.
FOUR-WAY & S-1 SWITCHING
We added a series wiring option to make this Tele sound giant, while the S-1 switch puts the pickups out of phase with each other for a cool “strangled” tone.
Fender Vintera '60s Telecaster Modified Features:
- Telecaster with vintage style, plus modern sound and playability
- C-shaped neck makes playing feel effortless and comfortable
- 9.5"-radius pau ferro fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets supplies modern playing feel
- Custom Shop single-coil pickups deliver hot-rodded Tele twang
- Augments standard 3-way switching with 4-way switching and an S-1 switch
- 3-saddle bridge with brass barrel saddles ensures maximum sustain
- Vintage-style tuning machines supply rock-solid tuning stability
- Knurled flat-top knobs, 3-ply mint green pickguard, vintage-style strap buttons, 4-bolt neck plate
- Vintage-tinted neck and vintage-inspired color
- Number of Strings: 6
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Vintera '60s Telecaster Modified
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Color: Lake Placid Blue
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Shape: Modern C
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Inlay: White Dots
- Number of Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.650"
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Bridge/Tailpiece: 3-saddle American Vintage String-through body
- Tuners: Vintage-style
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-style '60s Hot Tele Single-coil
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-style '60s Hot Tele Single-coil
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 4-way blade pickup switch
- Strings: Fender NPS, .009-.042
- Case Included: Gig Bag
- Model #: 0149893302