Martin 00-16E Acoustic Electric Guitar Natural Satin Spruce
Martin 00-16E Acoustic Electric Guitar Natural Satin Spruce - This 16 Series Auditorium model is crafted with satin-finished granadillo back and sides, which provide prominent bass response while maintaining bell-like overtones. It includes a Sitka spruce gloss top for balanced tone and projection and a high-performance neck taper for ease of playability up and down the fretboard. The 000-16E comes equipped with Fishman® Matrix VT Enhance electronics. Strung with Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 light gauge strings.
Exotic tonewoods create superior tone
The Martin 00-16E has a punchy, powerful tone, thanks to a great tonewood combination of granadillo and Sitka spruce. Sometimes known as Amazon rosewood, granadillo hails from Central America. Characterized by its distinctive striped grain and great low-end response, granadillo pairs well with the Sitka spruce top. Sitka spruce is known for its straight grain and punchy, resonant tone. Thanks to the combination of great tonewoods, the Martin 00-16E Granadillo excels in low frequencies without losing its note clarity.
Plek'd for your comfort
Known for producing stellar results, Plek machines use computer-guided fretboard measurements to crown and dress every fret to perfection. In short, a Plek'd guitar feels perfect when you're playing. In addition to increasing playing comfort, getting a guitar Plek'd increases the clarity of your notes and makes sure your sound won't suffer from any buzzing. By running every guitar through their Plek machines, Martin makes sure that your playing experience comes first.
Fishman electronics reproduce accurate tones
The Martin 00-16E acoustic-electric guitar ships with Fishman Matrix VT Enhance TN1 electronics. This pickup and preamp system helps to keep the purity of your acoustic's sound when running it into an amp or soundboard. Thanks to the bridge plate transducer, the Fishman Matrix VT adds in the resonance and dimension of a standard acoustic guitar. The result? You get an acoustic-electric guitar that sounds just as great as it would if it was miked up.
High Performance neck profile
The 00-16E ships with a select hardwood neck and ebony fretboard. With a Modified Low Oval neck profile, this guitar's neck has a smooth transition from the back of the neck to the fingerboard. Martin gave this guitar a High Performance taper that makes the fretboard feel sleek and fast in your hand — especially close to the 12th fret.
Martin 00-16E Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Solid Sitka spruce top adds extra punch to the attack
- Granadillo back and sides provide a deep, resonant bass response
- Fishman Matrix VT Enhance TN1 electronics reproduce authentic Martin tone
- Open-gear tuners keep headstock weight low
- Select hardwood neck's High Performance taper plays fast
- Ebony fretboard and Plek'd frets feel smooth under your fingers
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Grand Concert
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Satin
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Granadillo
- Body Bracing: Sitka Spruce Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding: Antique Whtie
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Oval with High Performance Taper
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 24.9"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT1
- Strings: Lifespan 2.0 92/8 Phosphor Bronze, .012-.054
- Case Included: Softshell Case
- Model #: 100016E-01