Martin D-16E Rosewood Natural Acoustic Electric Guitar
Martin D-16E Rosewood Natural Acoustic Electric Guitar - This 16 Series Dreadnought is crafted with satin-finished East Indian rosewood back and sides for resonant sound with deep bass and rich overtones. It includes a Sitka spruce gloss top for balanced tone and projection and a high-performance neck taper for ease of playability up and down the fretboard. The D-16E comes equipped with Fishman® Matrix VT Enhance electronics. Strung with Authentic Acoustic Lifespan® 2.0 light gauge strings.
Martin's early dreadnoughts set into motion the guitar's prominent role in modern music and set the standard for tone quality in acoustic guitars. Martin dreadnoughts became known for resonant warm tones, quality craftsmanship, and tasteful styling. For those reasons, Martin guitars became an important part of the music written and performed by the stars of the 1920s and '30s. Post-WWII, the Martin dreadnought became a cornerstone of the folk and folk rock music of the '50s and '60s. The powerful voice and full sound of these iconic instruments have made them a staple in the bluegrass world, but their bold sonic signature is heard cross-genre.
The CF Martin legacy
What hasn't been said about the CF Martin company? Martin — a name virtually synonymous with the acoustic guitar — took root in the United States in 1833 with a small shop in lower Manhattan. Five years later, Christian Frederick Martin moved his business and family to the rolling hills of Pennsylvania, where Martin has been located ever since. From the Dreadnought body shape to the 14-fret neck, Martin innovations paralleled (and indeed, drove) the development of the acoustic guitar itself. When you play any Martin guitar, you're holding a piece of music history.
Martin D-16E Rosewood Features:
- Sitka spruce top, East Indian rosewood back and sides; satin finish
- Scalloped, forward-shifted Sitka spruce X bracing
- Bold Herringbone with Multi-Stripe rosette
- Antique white binding, faux Tortoise pickguard
- Select hardwood neck, Modified Low Oval with High Performance Taper profile; satin finish
- Ebony fingerboard, 16" radius, MOP Style 28 inlays
- 25.4" scale length, 20 frets
- Plek'd frets for optimized playability
- Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT2 electronics
- Ebony bridge, 2-5/32" string spacing
- Compensated White Tusq saddle with Black Tusq pins
- 1.75" bone nut
- Nickel open-gear tuners
- Dual-action truss rod, soundhole access
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Satin
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Sitka Forward shifted X-bracing, Scalloped
- Binding: Antique White
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Low Oval
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: Fishman Matrix VT Enhance NT2
- Strings: Martin, .012-.054
- Case Included: Softshell Case