Martin D-18E Natural Fishman Aura VT Acoustic Electric Guitar
Martin D-18E Natural Fishman Aura VT Acoustic Electric Guitar - The D-18 Dreadnought features a sleek, modern High Performance Neck for enhanced playability. The D-18 adds a Sitka spruce top to the genuine mahogany back and sides. Perfect for the intermediate and advanced player.
Fishman is just as much a leader in acoustic amplification as Martin is in guitar manufacturing. Martin has spec'd Fishman's Aura VT Enhance electronics system for this D-18E to give it a natural and expressive voice when performing live through an amp or PA system. The Aura preamps have been favorites of guitarists for years. But VT Enhance raises the bar by using discreet soundhole-mounted controls for the pickup's volume and tone. The system is completely unobtrusive, and there are no control holes cut into the side of the guitar. You can rest easy knowing that the natural sound of your D-18E will come through the speakers loud and clear.
Fishman's breakthrough acoustic imaging technology makes you sound like you're playing into a great mic in a room with impeccable acoustics. Aura VT Enhance is designed to capture the guitar top's longitudinal energy, while rejecting transverse energy that reveals itself in the form of string squeaks, handling noise, and feedback. The D-18E's onboard Aura VT Enhance system gives you studio-quality sound you can take to the stage.
The choice of session guitarists for decades
The Martin D-18E's ideal tonality is just as useful in the studio as it is onstage. Just ask any recording engineer that's been in the business for a couple of decades: the D-18 has an uncanny ability to set itself into any mix nicely, with a minimum of processing. Just grab your Martin D-18E, point your favorite small-diaphragm condenser mic at the 12th fret, and you've got a gorgeous acoustic guitar sound that practically mixes itself.
A cornerstone of modern music history
You've already heard the sweet sound of the Martin D-18 more times than you probably realize. It was the guitar of choice for legends such as Clarence White, Elvis Presley, and many more. Even Andy Griffith played one on The Andy Griffith Show. It's been a workhorse dreadnought acoustic for singers and songwriters since its original release in 1934. The Martin D-18E is a perfect example of this instrument that became iconic because of its tone and craftsmanship.
Martin D-18E Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- An iconic Martin dreadnought with built-in electronics
- Fishman Aura VT Enhance electronics preserve natural acoustic tone
- Solid Sitka spruce top; solid mahogany back and sides
- Scalloped, forward-shifted Sitka spruce X-bracing
- Traditional dovetail neck-joint construction
- Modified Low Oval modern High Performance neck
- Ebony fingerboard; East Indian rosewood headplate
- Modern belly-style bridge with drop-in compensated white TUSQ saddle and bone nut
- Faux tortoise pickguard; Old Style 18 multi-stripe rosette
- Butterbean-knob tuners
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural with Aging Toner
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Mahogany
- Body Bracing: Forward Shifted X bracing
- Binding: Faux Tortoise
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Abalone dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel open gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/White Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: Fishman Aura VT Enhance system
- Strings: 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Light
- Case Included: Hardshell case