Martin DC-13E Road Series Natural Acoustic Electric Guitar
Martin DC-13E Road Series Natural Acoustic Electric Guitar - With a gorgeous glossed Sitka spruce top and mutenye back and sides, this solid wood Dreadnought cutaway model is a great sounding guitar at an affordable price. New to this model are stunning mother-of-pearl pattern fingerboard and rosette inlays, a multi-stripe rosette border, and white binding. It has an FSC® Certified Richlite® fingerboard and bridge, gloss body, and a hand-rubbed neck finish. Also new to this model is a Fishman® MX-T electronics package with a built-in soundhole tuner that auto mutes the audio output so you can tune up any time without using a pedal. This guitar comes with a Premium Soft Shell Case so it is Road-ready to join you on all of your adventures!
This model is an updated version of the discontinued DCRSG.
A cornerstone of modern music
Martin's early dreadnoughts set into motion the guitar's prominent role in modern music and set the standard for tonal quality in acoustic guitars. Martin dreadnoughts became known for resonant warm tones, quality craftsmanship, and tasteful styling. For those reasons, Martin guitars became an important part of the music written and performed by the stars of the 1920s and '30s. Post-WWII, the Martin dreadnought became a cornerstone of the folk and folk rock music of the '50s and '60s. The powerful voice and full sound of these iconic instruments have made them a staple in the bluegrass world, but their bold sonic signature is heard cross-genre.
The CF Martin legacy
What hasn't been said about the CF Martin company? Martin — a name virtually synonymous with the acoustic guitar — took root in the United States in 1833 with a little shop in lower Manhattan. Five years later, Christian Frederick Martin moved his business and family to the rolling hills of Pennsylvania, where Martin's been located ever since. From the dreadnought body shape to the 14-fret neck, Martin innovations paralleled (and indeed, drove) the development of the acoustic guitar itself. When you play any Martin guitar, you're holding a piece of music history.
Martin DC-13E Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Solid Sitka spruce top, solid mutenye back and sides; gloss finish
- Sitka spruce X-bracing, non-scalloped
- White binding; faux tortoise pickguard
- Select hardwood neck, Performing Artist with high performance taper, hand-rubbed finish
- Richlite fingerboard, 16" radius, 20 frets, dot inlays
- Richlite bridge, 2.15625" string spacing
- Compensated white TUSQ saddle; plastic bridge pins
- Fishman MX-T electronics
- 25.4" scale length; 1.75" Corian nut
- Enclosed gear tuners; dual-action truss rod, neck heel access
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: Mutenye
- Body Bracing: X-bracing
- Binding: White
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Richlite
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-pearl Dots, 28 Style
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Bridge Material: Richlite
- Nut/Saddle Material: White Corian/White Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: Fishman MX-T
- Strings: Martin Lifespan 2.0 Authentic Acoustic Phosphor Light
- Case Included: Softshell Case