Martin DCX2E-03 Rosewood Dreadnought Acoustic Electric Guitar Natural
Martin DCX2E-03 Rosewood Dreadnought Acoustic Electric Guitar Natural - The latest from Martin's X Series is a value-packed stage performer chock full of no-nonsense player advantages. The DCX2E-03 starts with a hand-rubbed solid Sitka spruce top — one of Martin's most revered acoustic instrument tops — joined to back and sides of climate-proof HPL ("high-pressure laminate") in a gorgeous rosewood print. Underneath, Scalloped X bracing with 1/4" Tone Bars maximizes bass response throughout the robust D-14 cutaway dreadnought body. And discrete electronics from Fishman allow you to strap on and plug in anywhere you perform out, all without detracting from the raw beauty of your instrument. Other hallmarks of the Martin DCX2E-03 include a slim, comfort-enhancing Performing Artist neck profile with High Performance Taper and a tone-enhancing compensated TUSQ saddle and corian nut. Don't let the entry price or nebulous woods deter you — the Martin DCX2E-03 is another fine contender from the X Series, and one that acoustic players here are proud to take on our fly dates and acoustic outings.
Sustainable building materials
Martin is all about sustainability. That's why they've incorporated eco-friendly materials throughout the Martin X Series DCX2E-03. The warm and resonant HPL back and sides feature a printed rosewood pattern that recalls some of the most iconic Golden Age dreadnoughts. This material not only sounds great acoustically, but is highly resistant to rain and heat, humidity and dryness. This makes it the perfect choice for taking along to festivals and fly dates where you wouldn't dare whip out your classic D-45. The bridge, neck, and fingerboard on the Martin DCX2E-03 are made from select hardwoods and come outfitted with premium features, like a TUSQ saddle and factory-Plek'd frets, for great tone and playability where it counts.
Smooth-playing Performing Artist neck
Whether you’re recording at home or playing out late into the night, you're in good hands with the Martin X Series DCX2E-03. This dreadnought features one of Martin’s acclaimed Performing Artist series necks, whose slimmer profile is easy on the hand, allowing you to play those extended sessions in comfort. Its joined to the body by way of a Mortise & Tenon Neck Joint for enhanced sustain and features Martin's High Performance Taper for comfortable leadwork and chording.
Performance ready with Fishman MX electronics
The Martin DCX2E-03 comes equipped with Fishman MX electronics that are ready for you to hit the stage. The pickup is mounted inside the soundhole — it’s the epitome of discrete. Fishman is a world leader in acoustic amplification, giving you exceptional plugged-in tone with the Martin X Series DCX2E-03.
Martin DCX2E-03 Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
- Sitka spruce on rosewood-print HPL — a recipe for sweet looks and tone, in any performance environment
- Hardwood neck and fingerboard with comfortable Performing Artist profile and High Performance Taper
- Fishman MX electronics deliver satisfying plugged-in performance
- Compensated TUSQ saddle yields accurate intonation
- Scalloped X bracing enhances bass and projection
- Factory Plek'd for great playability
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural
- Finish: Satin
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: High-pressure Laminate
- Body Bracing: Scalloped X-bracing
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Select Hardwood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Mother-of-Pearl Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Closed Gear
- Bridge Material: Select Hardwood
- Nut/Saddle Material: White Tusq/White Corian
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Electronics: Fishman MX
- Strings: Lifespan 2.0 92/8 Phosphor Bronze, .012-.054
- Case Included: Gig Bag
- Model #: DCX2E-03