Martin GP-28E Acoustic Electric Guitar Natural
Martin GPC-28E Acoustic Electric Guitar Natural - The GP-28E's Grand Performance body design is famous for having a very clean, precise high-end tone, along with a perfectly balanced bass response. The GP body is deeper than the traditional Martin Auditorium (000) for good reason. The deeper body allows the sound a little extra time to build before it jumps out of the soundhole. The result is a well-balanced sound that is crisp and clean with a lot of punch on the low end.
Standard models come with a very fast, playable solid neck; featuring a Modified Low-oval shape, with High Performance neck taper and 1-3/4” nut. The combination of a balanced tone and modern playability creates an instrument that you won’t want to put down.
The GP-28E comes equipped with Fishman Aura VT Enhanced electronics. This revolutionary pickup amplifies the guitar exactly as you hear it being played live. Unlike other pickups that color the sound, the Fishman Aura VT Enhanced faithfully amplifies the sound of your guitar, without adding color or distortion to the tone. It’s like putting a fine vintage microphone in front of the guitar. Every note will be faithfully and accurately transmitted to your mixing board or amplifier.
The Enhanced feature is composed of an under-the-saddle transducer that amplifies the “transverse wave” of the sound as it passes through your guitar. In the past, you would not hear what is going on with the sound inside of the guitar. Now, you can blend the pickup with the acoustic sound of the body for addition color and depth. And if you like to rhythmically tap the top of the guitar as you play, the Enhanced pickup accurately recreates that sound as well.
- White binding
- Black pickguard
- Mother-of-pearl inlays
- Script overlay headplate logo
- Plek setup
- Style 28 multi-stripe rosette
- Body type: Grand Performance
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Solid Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Forward shifted 5/16" non-scalloped X
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Modified low oval with High Performance taper
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Solid Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman Aura
- Configuration: Undersaddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: East Indian Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Nickel Open-geared
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features:
- Case: Hardshell case
- Country of origin: United States