Martin HD-28 (2018) Acoustic Guitar
The Martin HD-28 dreadnought acoustic guitar boasts the same design that made the D-28 a classic — herringbone top trim and Martin's time-tested scalloped X-bracing. Used in all styles of music, the HD-28 offers the deep bass response that's made Martin dreadnoughts so popular. Yet it also has a high-end presence that sings out even in heavy instrumentation. You'll love the gorgeous sound of the classic tonewood combination of Sitka spruce on top and rosewood back and sides. The Martin HD-28 is both loud and subtle and has a quick response with excellent note definition.
Premium Martin craftsmanship
The HD-28 is Martin's premium dreadnought, considered by many guitarists to be the finest-sounding guitar Martin has ever made, period. With a solid Sitka spruce top and solid East Indian rosewood back and sides, this Martin HD-28 is a beautiful, immaculately designed acoustic guitar. The select hardwood neck boasts a black ebony 20-fret fingerboard with diamond and square fingerboard inlays. Beautiful with its vintage-styled belly bridge and classic tortoise pickguard, the HD-28 stays in tune with nickel open-geared tuners — complete with stylish butterbean knobs.
The all-time standard for acoustics
Among the great instruments Martin makes, it's safe to say that none has enjoyed more popularity than their line of dreadnoughts, or D-size, guitars. Currently regarded as the standard acoustic guitar, dreadnoughts such as the D-28 first became popular for backing up vocals, fiddles, and banjos in country and bluegrass music. The D-28's popularity steadily rose as more and more musicians heard it.
Spruce-topped rosewood gives you timeless acoustic sound
The Martin HD-28 spares no expense on its tonewoods. You just can't beat the sound of solid spruce and solid genuine rosewood. And you'll love the crisp sound and beautiful look of the HD-28's solid East Indian rosewood back and sides. What's more, the HD-28 is topped with solid Sitka spruce, adding rich and mellow overtones. When you imagine what an acoustic guitar is supposed to sound like, this is it!
Martin HD-28 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Sitka spruce and Indian rosewood provide you with sweet, bold, and balanced sound
- Black ebony 20-fret fingerboard feels amazing and responds beautifully
- Scalloped X-bracing provides stellar support
- Adorned with stunning herringbone inlays
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural, Aging Toner
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Scalloped Forward Shifted X-bracing
- Binding: Antique White
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Abalone Diamonds & Squares Long Pattern
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Case Included: Hardshell Case