Martin OM-28 (2018) Acoustic Guitar
The Martin OM-28 honors one of Martin's most celebrated 14-fret models. Built from Martin's precious supply of East Indian rosewood and married to an extraordinary Sitka spruce top, this OM-28's comfortably reduced Orchestra body packs plenty of body, bold bass, and clear, sparkling highs — all balanced to perfection. A black ebony fingerboard and matching bridge complete the picture.
This latest Martin OM-28 features Martin's High Performance Taper neck profile for greater comfort and precision, as well as an aged-toner finish and butterbean knobs for an heirloom look.
Martin's celebrated Orchestra body style
There's no question that Martin's original Orchestra model has been one of the most influential acoustic guitar styles in modern music history. From its bold herringbone inlays to its hand-selected bone nut and saddle, the OM-28 does more than merely capture the spirit of the original. When you pick up the Martin OM-28, it's like stepping back in guitar history.
Timeless tone from spruce-topped rosewood
You just can't beat the sound of solid spruce and solid genuine rosewood. For such an affordable guitar, the Martin OM-28 spares no expense on its tonewoods. You'll love the crisp sound of the OM-28's solid East-Indian rosewood back and sides, and they look fantastic. What's more, the OM-28 is topped with solid Sitka spruce, adding rich and mellow overtones.
Slimmer, easier-playing neck
Martin's Modified Low Oval mahogany neck with High Performance Taper delivers a new level of performance in the latest OM-28. Technical players will enjoy greater speed and accuracy, while strummers will enjoy greater comfort as the night rolls along.
Matchless Martin craftsmanship
The Martin OM-28's glued dovetail neck joint maximizes tonal transfer between the body and neck and promises greater stability as the guitar ages. The benefits here are evident the first time you hold the OM-28 in your hands. Chords ring out rich and true, and melodies take on a sweet, woody sound. Meanwhile, Martin's scalloped X-bracing enhances resonance in the 28's lower bout, adding punch and balance to the comfortable Orchestra shape.
Martin OM-28 Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Classic 14-fret Orchestra design with an updated neck profile
- Heirloom appointments included butterbean knobs and an aged-toner finish
- Built from a choice selection of tonewoods: an East Indian rosewood back and sides, a Sitka spruce top, a black ebony fingerboard, and a matching black ebony bridge
- Comfortable, fast-playing Modified Low Oval neck profile with High Performance Taper
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Orchestra
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natural, Aging Toner
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing: Scalloped X-bracing
- Binding: Antique White
- Neck Wood: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval, High Performance Taper
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Abalone Diamonds & Squares Long Pattern
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open Gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/White Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Strings: SP Acoustic 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Light
- Case Included: Hardshell Case