Martin OM-28 Modern Deluxe Natural Acoustic Guitar
Martin OM-28 Modern Deluxe Natural Acoustic Guitar - The OM-28 Modern Deluxe is a new take on Martin Vintage. This guitar is packed with custom features and modern technology that you have to see, feel, and hear for yourself. The vintage appointments include a Sitka spruce Vintage Tone System (VTS) top, a dovetail neck joint, and natural protein glue construction that give it the rich, fully aged Martin tone that has inspired generations. The look is unlike anything in our production line to date with European flamed maple binding, stylish gold frets, gold open-gear tuners, and a unique 1930s style script logo inlaid in pearl on the headstock. Some ultra-modern features include a titanium truss rod, Liquidmetal® bridge pins with red dots, and a composite carbon fiber bridgeplate that boosts volume without adding weight. And we’ve included a new neck shape that is slightly asymmetrical for maximum hand comfort up and down the fretboard.. This guitar is anything but standard.
Tone connoisseurs are always in search of the perfect guitar tone, and in the acoustic world, one of the most loved tones is that of a vintage Martin. We’re talking guitars that have aged well over 50 years. Martin Guitars recently perfected a unique way of torrefying the top woods and braces of their guitars to achieve the sound of an aged and broken-in Martin. The Vintage Tone System (VTS) lets Martin age the woods to a specific age/time period without the typical change in color of the wood from the torrefaction process. A special vintage gloss finish is then hand-applied to give the guitar the coloring of a vintage instrument. Martin’s guitars with VTS tops not only look like vintage guitars, they also have that sought-after sound.
Modern advancements for a classic design
While they’ve been known for over a century of distinction, the luthiers at Martin are happy to embrace modern enhancements if it means better tone for you, the player. In the Martin OM-28 Modern Deluxe, you’ll find modern advancements such as a titanium truss rod and Liquidmetal bridge pins. And the inclusion of a carbon fiber bridge plate boosts volume without adding more weight. Even the neck shape has been refined for maximum playability and comfort. Martin fans at Sweetwater are wary of changes to a winning recipe, but we’ve embraced the sound of Martin’s Modern Deluxe improvements.
Martin OM-28 Modern Deluxe Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Classic Martin style and tone with modern advancements
- Compact orchestra body style is great for fingerpickers
- Layers well in the mix with larger-bodied guitars
- Vintage Tone System (VTS) ages the woods to a specific age/time period
- Solid Sitka spruce top for amazing projection and great note definition
- Solid East Indian rosewood back and sides for a well-balanced tonal range
- Modern enhancements include a titanium truss rod, Liquidmetal bridge pins, and carbon fiber bridge plate
- Refined neck shape for maximum comfort and playability
- String Type: Steel
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Shape: Orchestra
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Color: Natual
- Finish: Gloss
- Top Wood: Sitka Spruce with VTS
- Back & Sides Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Body Bracing: X-bracing
- Binding: European Flamed Maple
- Neck Wood: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Vintage Deluxe
- Radius: 16"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Inlay: Abalone Diamonds and Squares
- Number of Frets: 20
- Scale Length: 25.4"
- Tuning Machines: Gold Open Gear
- Bridge Material: Ebony
- Nut/Saddle Material: Bone/Bone
- Nut Width: 1.75"
- Strings: Martin Authentic Acoustic Lilght
- Case Included: Hardshell Case