PreSonus Eris E3.5 3.5 inch Powered Studio Monitors
PreSonus Eris E3.5 3.5 inch Powered Studio Monitors - You don't need to spend a fortune to get accurate sound, and with PreSonus Eris E3.5 studio monitors, the proof is in the pudding. These nearfield monitors feature robust woven composite woofers that offer excellent low-frequency reproduction with next to no distortion and silk-dome tweeters that deliver smooth and balanced highs. The result: sound you can trust, which means the mixes you create will translate better from one stereo to another. That's something you won't get out of multimedia speakers, which are designed to make music sound better, not to reproduce audio accurately.
Eris E3.5's 50 watts of Class AB amplification provide plenty of gain and headroom
Offering up a solid 50 watts of Class AB amplification gives the PreSonus Eris E3.5 a major advantage over studio monitors that feature just enough power to get the job done. It may sound kind of technical, but the way this feature benefits you is pretty straightforward. With the Eris E3.5's gain set to unity (the U in the middle of the dial), you can comfortably monitor your mix at an appropriate level, but still have plenty of extra volume to spare so that run-away transients (momentary loud peaks) sound louder, instead of just distorting at the same relative volume. It's hard to express just how readily this easily overlooked feature of the Eris E3.5 can save your mix.
Flexible configuration options let you set up your speakers to best meet your needs
If you need to fine-tune your sound to achieve a flat frequency response, you'll find fully variable high- and low-frequency controls on the back that let you boost or cut up to 6dB in their respective ranges. What's more, PreSonus outfitted their Eris E3.5 studio monitors with unbalanced RCA as well as balanced TRS inputs, so you can connect them directly to just about any sound source in your studio. You also get an aux input for connecting your smartphone or media player and a headphone output for private listening.
PreSonus Eris E3.5 Features:
- An outstanding way to upgrade your monitoring so that your mixes translate
- 3.5" woven composite woofers deliver solid low-end sound with minimal bass distortion
- 1" ultra-low-mass silk-dome tweeters eliminate harshness and provide balanced high-frequency sound
- 50-watt Class AB amplification (25 Watts per speaker) provides plenty of volume and headroom for nearfield monitoring
- RCA and balanced 1/4" inputs provide all the connections you may need
- Aux input for connecting your smartphone or media player
- Headphone output for private listening
- Acoustic tuning controls let you contour your sound to best meet your mixing environment
- Powered: Yes
- Power Configuration: Single Amp
- LF Driver Size: 3.5" Woofer
- LF Driver Type: Woven Composite
- HF Driver Size: 1" Tweeter
- HF Driver Type: Silk Dome
- Total Power: 50W Class AB (25W per speaker)
- Frequency Response: 80Hz-20kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 2.8kHz
- Maximum Peak SPL: 100 dB SPL @ 1m
- Input Types: 2 x 1/4", 1 x Dual RCA Stereo, 1 x 1/8" (aux in)
- Output Types: 1 x 1/8" (headphones), Bare Wire strip (out to right speaker)
- Features: Over temperature protection, RF interference protection, High/Low frequency boost/cut
- Enclosure Type: Rear Ported
- Enclosure Material: Vinyl-laminated MDF
- Height: 8.3"
- Width: 5.6"
- Depth: 6.4"
- Weight: 6.4 lbs.
- Manufacturer Part Number: E 3.5