PreSonus Quantum 2 22x24 Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface 22-in/24-out Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface with 4 Recallable XMAX Preamplifiers
PreSonus Quantum 2 22x24 Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interface - Taking full advantage of the high-speed Thunderbolt bus and ADAT Optical I/O, the PreSonus® Quantum 2 audio interface delivers up to 22 inputs and 24 outputs, with extremely low latency. Boasting superb audio quality; 24-bit, 192 kHz recording and playback; recallable XMAX microphone preamps; and the ability to expand your system as your needs grow, it’s a great choice for a wide variety of professional and semi-pro producers and electronic musicians.
We cut the wait.
Every design decision during Quantum 2’s engineering was made with one goal in mind: speed. Quantum 2 sports high-speed Thunderbolt connectivity and a no-frills, direct-to-DAW architecture, with no DSP. The result is our leanest, fastest, lowest-latency interface to date.
Cutting-edge 24-bit, 192 kHz converters with 120 dB of dynamic range and a surprising amount of expandability and software control options round out the package.
Expandable when you need more I/O—up to 80 in and out.
The Quantum 2 audio interface offers two combo mic/instrument inputs and two combo mic/line inputs, each with a digitally controlled XMAX preamp and individual +48V phantom power. You also get four balanced ¼” TRS outputs and a headphone out with dedicated volume control. But that’s just the start. With ADAT Optical I/O and S/PDIF stereo digital I/O, you can have up to 18 digital inputs and outputs. And if you need even more I/O channels, you can stack up to four Quantum 2 interfaces via Thunderbolt to create a monster system with up to 80 in and out. BNC word clock I/O ensures your Quantum and other digital audio devices operate in tight sync. And of course you get MIDI I/O, too.
Audiophile-grade digital converters, low-jitter clocking, and recallable preamps add up to a superior recording and listening experience. The Quantum 2 audio interface operates at up to 192 kHz for ultra-high-definition mixing and recording. High-quality converters on every input and output provide 120 dB of dynamic range to capture complex musical harmonics smoothly and naturally with no audible distortion. And our recallable XMAX Class A analog microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound so you’ll hear every breath, transient, and detail in your recordings.
A superior choice for any production environment.
With its pro features and abundant I/O, the Quantum 2 audio interface fits into any recording and production environment. You get four balanced line-level outputs, all of which are DC coupled so they can provide control voltage to external analog equipment. Add that to Quantum 2’s expandability, flexible software suite, blazing speed, and superb sound quality, and you have a recording system that will be the heart of your dream studio for years to come.
Tight integration with Studio One.
With the Quantum 2, your audio interface is an integrated extension of your recording environment. The perfect companion for any recording software, the Quantum 2 comes equipped with Studio One Artist to provide you with a complete recording solution. Launch Studio One, and you’ll find full preamp control integrated into your recording environment. Need to track away from your computer? Launch Studio One Remote on your iPad®.
Includes Studio Magic
This suite of plug-ins adds a wealth of fresh virtual instruments and effects to Studio One. Cherry-picked from the first names in virtual instruments and effects, each plug-in brings a different flavor of practical magic to your songs. These plug-ins aren't gimmicky one-trick ponies — these are real-deal workhorses that you'll rely on for countless mixes.
PreSonus Quantum 2 Features:
- Impressive 22-in/24-out audio interface in a compact chassis
- Thunderbolt 2 connectivity delivers extremely low latency
- 2 combo mic/line inputs with software-recallable Class A XMAX preamps make session recall fast and easy
- 2 combo mic/instrument inputs with XMAX preamps for recording direct guitar, bass, keys, and more
- Expand your system with 2 sets of ADAT I/O for enough channels to comfortably track entire bands at once
- Cascade up to 4 Quantums via dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for up to 80 channels
- 24-bit/192kHz digital converters deliver amazingly clean sound with 120dB of dynamic range
- Includes Studio One Artist DAW software for macOS and Windows
- Packaged with the complete Studio Magic Plug-in Suite — a collection of 7 amazing plug-in emulations of classic studio gear by Maag Audio, Lexicon, Arturia, and others
- Computer Connectivity: Thunderbolt 2
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Simultaneous I/O: 22 x 24
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Number of Preamps: 4
- Phantom Power: Yes
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/Hi-Z), 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line)
- Analog Outputs: 4 x 1/4" TRS (line out)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT/SMUX)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT/SMUX)
- Headphones: 1 x 1/4" TRS
- Thunderbolt: 2 x Thunderbolt 2
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- Clock I/O: In/Out
- Software: Studio One Artist, Studio Magic Plug-ins Suite
- OS Requirements - Mac: Intel Core i5 or higher, OS X 10.11.6 64-bit or later, 8GB RAM or more
- OS Requirements - PC: Intel Core i5 or higher, Windows 10 64-bit or later, 8GB RAM or more
- Power Supply: 12V DC 5A power supply (included)
- Height: 1.75"
- Width: 12.5"
- Depth: 7"
- Weight: 5 lbs.