PreSonus Quantum 26x32 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
PreSonus Quantum 26x32 - Heralded in mid 2017 by Sound on Sound magazine as "the fastest Thunderbolt interface on the planet," the PreSonus Quantum delivers professional audio-production performance for a project-studio price. Speed is just the start of the conversation — you also get eight software-recallable XMAX preamps and extensive digital I/O bolstered by digital conversion that's so clear even a novice engineer can appreciate the superior quality.
On the subject of digital conversion, the Quantum's 24-bit/192kHz resolution delivers up to 120dB of usable dynamic range. Combined with its Class A preamps, this allows you to capture everything from pianos to percussion sets with all the nuance and detail they have to offer. Need more I/O? Expand away with dual ADAT lightpipe connections, while twin Thunderbolt 2 ports allow you to cascade up to four Quantums together for a staggering 96 channels of blazing-fast, low-latency recording power.
Work faster with recallable XMAX pres
Engineers love affair with PreSonus XMAX preamps goes back as far as we can remember. Today, these Class A preamps are better and more versatile than ever. Their high-voltage rails and robust design allow them to deliver clean and open sound at moderate gain settings, and as you turn up the heat, you can get even richer, textured, and colorful tone from them. Cooler still, the XMAX preamps onboard the Quantum are fully recallable, meaning you can save your gain settings with your projects and instantly recall them when you need them. It's an absolutely amazing time saver we're sure you'll love.
Extensive I/O lets you expand your system
There are so many great ways to get even more out of your Quantum than just the eight exceptional XMAX preamps and 10 balanced analog outputs. With two ADAT lightpipe inputs onboard, you can connect a pair of additional 8-channel preamps plus an extra pair via S/PDIF. There's even MIDI I/O onboard, so if you need to connect an old-school controller, synth module, or any number of other gadgets, your Quantum is ready.
Pro-quality conversion, clocking, and more
PreSonus from the beginning is the way they've been able to provide competitive sounding conversion on a shoestring budget. PreSonus clearly went all out with this amazing audio interface, as the 24-bit/192kHz converters onboard rival just about everything on the market. We're talking about 120dB of clear and spacial dynamic range. Top it off with rock-solid clocking, and the Quantum is an ideal central hub for your recording rig.
Center-section controls for studio workflow
The days of large-format recording consoles may be behind us, but that doesn't mean you have to give up all the conveniences they offered, and the PreSonus Quantum's handy set of center-section console controls demonstrates this perfectly. Want to communicate with the band in the live room? Piece of cake — there's a talkback microphone built into the front panel, and with the push of a button, you can speak directly into the headphone mix. Dim/Mute and Mono buttons are also available for monitor control, and they're right next to a series of 8-segment LED meters and a large master volume control, which round out the monitoring section.
Epic speed and flexibility of Thunderbolt 2
Don't want to worry about latency anymore? No problem. Pick up this PreSonus Quantum audio interface, and hardware latency is virtually a thing of the past. Even when you load up your sessions with high-sample-rate tracks, your Quantum packs the performance you need to never miss a beat. Thunderbolt 2 lets you stack up to four Quantums together, so if you're looking for the base of a more expansive recording setup, with up to 96 ins and outs, then this is the way to go. On that note, dual ADAT optical ports make it easy to expand your I/O with additional preamps and converters, such as PreSonus's DigiMax DP88s (shown).
Remote control via FREE UC Surface app
Here's an amazing bonus — you can control virtually all of your Quantum's onboard features via PreSonus's free UC Surface control software. Grab your iPad or other tablet, fire up the app, and control your Quantum from anywhere you have a network connection. It's great for tracking vocals or keeping an eye on detailed meters, no matter what your recording software is doing.
Killer software package included
Packaged with Studio One Artist, the Quantum provides you with everything you need to start recording on your computer. And to take it to the next level, PreSonus includes the Studio Magic Plug-in Suite. This extensive collection of seven popular plug-ins covers models of top studio gear from manufacturers such as Maag Audio, Lexicon, and Arturia, adding up to hundreds of dollars of extra value. Punch up your mix bus with Brainworx's bx-opto, add ambience with Eventide's SP2016-inspired Stereo Room reverb, fire up transients with SPL's Attacker, and much more. And since these plug-ins are available in AAX, VST, and AU formats, they're compatible with any DAW you choose.
PreSonus Quantum Thunderbolt Audio Interface Features:
- Impressive 26-in/32-out audio interface in a 1U rackmount chassis
- Thunderbolt 2 connectivity delivers such low latency, Sound on Sound called it "the fastest Thunderbolt interface on the planet" in mid 2017
- 8 software-recallable Class A XMAX preamps onboard make session recall fast and easy
- 2 instrument inputs also available for recording guitar, bass, keys, and more direct
- Expand your system with 2 sets of ADAT I/O for enough channels to comfortably track entire bands at once
- Cascade up to 4 Quantums via dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for up to 96 channels
- 24-bit/192kHz digital converters deliver amazingly clean sound with 120dB of dynamic range
- Console-style center section includes integrated talkback mic and monitor controls
- Includes Studio One Artist DAW software for macOS and Windows
- Packaged with the complete Studio Magic Plug-in Suite — a collection of 7 amazing plug-in emulations of classic studio gear by Maag Audio, Lexicon, Arturia, and others
- Computer Connectivity: Thunderbolt 2
- Form Factor: Rackmount
- Simultaneous I/O: 26 x 32
- A/D Resolution: Up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Built In DSP/FX: Studio Magic Plug-in Suite (VST, AU, AAX)
- Number of Preamps: 8
- Phantom Power: Yes
- Analog Inputs: 2 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line/Hi-Z), 6 x XLR-1/4" combo (mic/line)
- Analog Outputs: 8 x 1/4" TRS (line out), 2 x 1/4" (main out)
- Digital Inputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Digital Outputs: 1 x Coax (S/PDIF), 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT)
- Headphones: 2 x 1/4"
- Data I/O: 2 x Thunderbolt 2
- MIDI I/O: In/Out
- Clock I/O: In/Out
- Software: Studio One Artist included
- OS Requirements - Mac: OS X 10.11.6 or later, Intel Core i5 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, iOS 9.3 or later
- OS Requirements - PC: Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i5 or higher, 8GB RAM or more recommended, Android 5.0 or later
- Rack Spaces: 1U
- Power Supply: 12V DC power supply