Squier FSR Classic Vibe 60s Competition Mustang Capri Orange Dakota Red Stripes
Squier FSR Classic Vibe 60s Competition Mustang Capri Orange Dakota Red Stripes – Designed by Fender and inspired by 1960s-era Mustang models, the Squier Classic Vibe ‘60s Competition Mustang is a cool new take on the classic “student” guitar. Featuring a Lake Placid Blue finish with sleek competition stripes, the Mustang has an old-school aesthetic with a host of player friendly features. Despite its diminutive size, the ‘60s Competition Mustang packs a punch courtesy of a pair of Fender-Designed alnico single pickups.
The short 24″ scale length and comfortable “C” shaped neck offer a fantastic playability and will appeal to players with smaller hands. True to the original, the ’60s Competition Mustang features a vintage-style tremolo system for expressive string bending effects and a floating bridge with barrel saddles for solid string stability. With nickel-plated hardware and a slick vintage-tint gloss neck finish, the ’60s Competition Mustang has plenty of old-school character and is a throwback to one of the most influential eras of popular music.
- Poplar Body – A lightweight tonewood with a healthy resonance and upper mid-range presence.
- Competition Stripes – These “Go Faster” stripes may not make you play faster but there’s no denying how cool they look!
- Fender-Designed Alnico Pickups – Retro, low output single coil pickups with a full sounding tone and plenty of ‘growl’!
- 100% Fender Designed – Iconic offset design by the most recognisable name in electric guitars!
- 24″ Short-Scale Neck – Feels a lot easier to play than traditional longer scale necks, ideal for smaller players.
- Vintage Tint Gloss Neck – Looks and feels authentically vintage with plenty of old-school vibe.
Here’s what Squier say about the FSR Classic Vibe 60s Competition Mustang
While small in stature, the Classic Vibe ‘60s Competition Mustang® packs a punch of incredible tone courtesy of the dual Fender-Designed alnico single-coil pickups. Small hands will appreciate the short 24” scale length and slim, comfortable “C”-shaped neck profile with an easy-playing 9.5”-radius fingerboard and narrow-tall frets. This Mustang is faithful to the original with a vintage-style tremolo system for expressive string bending effects and floating bridge with barrel saddles for solid string stability. This throwback Squier model also features 1960s-inspired headstock markings, rich-looking nickel-plated hardware and a slick vintage-tint gloss neck finish for an old-school vibe.
- Colour – Capri Orange
- Country Of Origin – ID
- Orientation – Right-Hand
- Series – Classic Vibe
- Fingerboard Material – Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius – 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Neck Construction – Bolt-On
- Neck Finish – Tinted Gloss Urethane
- Neck Material – Maple
- Neck Shape – “C” Shape
- Number of Frets – 22
- Nut Material – Bone
- Nut Width – 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays – Pearl Dot
- Side Dots – White
- String Nut – Bone
- Truss Rod – Head Adjust
- Body – Poplar
- Body Finish – Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Material – Poplar
- Body Shape – Mustang®
- Bridge – Floating Bridge with Dynamic Vibrato Tailpiece
- Bridge Mounting – Floating
- Control Knobs – Black Plastic
- Hardware Finish – Nickel
- Neck Plate – 4-Bolt Squier®
- Pickguard – 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickup Covers – Aged White
- Strap Buttons – Standard
- String Trees – Dual-Wing
- Strings – Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Tremolo Arm – Vintage Mustang® Tremolo Arm
- Tuning Machines – Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup – Fender® Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Controls – Master Volume, Master Tone
- Middle Pickup – N/A
- Neck Pickup – Fender® Designed Alnico Single-Coil
- Pickup Configuration – SS
- Switching – On/Off Slider, In/Out Phase Switch for Each Pickup
- Dimensions – 4.00×20.40×44.50 IN
- Fret Size – Narrow Tall
- Scale Length – 24″ (610 mm)
- Shipping Height – 4.00 IN
- Shipping Length – 44.50 IN
- Shipping Weight – 12.55 LB
- Shipping Width – 20.40 IN