Vox AC30S1 30-watt 1×12″ Tube Guitar Amplifier
Vox AC30S1 30-watt 1×12″ Tube Guitar Amplifier – The VOX AC30 has been an integral component of rock’n’roll since the 1960’s. Its peerless and unique sound continues to amaze and inspire players to this day. The AC30 OneTwelve (AC30S1) delivers the full-fledged experience of the classic AC30, but in a more stripped down and straightforward way. It’s single channel design is based on the revered Top Boost channel of the AC30, a sound that has been the source of some the most famous riffs in rock history. This unique, touch-sensitive circuit delivers a wide range of tones from chimey clean to rich overdrive. The AC30S1 also features a studio-quality digital reverb, an effects send/return for pairing with your favorite pedals, and an external speaker output for pairing with other speaker cabinets. This all-new AC30 represents the evolution of an iconic sound, pairing legendary VOX tones with a simple, modern approach to amplifier design.
- Single-channel design inspired by the AC30’s trademark Top Boost.
- All tube design featuring two 12AX7 pre-amp tubes and four EL84 power-amp tubes.
- Equipped with a single Celestion-made 12-inch speaker, specially voiced for the AC30S1.
- Effects send/return and external speaker output are provided for pairing with pedals or external cabinets – Equipped with digital reverb that simulates a classic spring reverb.
Inherits the Top Boost channel of the legendary AC30
The sound of the Top Boost channel has been the source of inspiration for countless guitarists since the 1960s, continues to emanate a commanding presence on stages and recordings today. The AC30S1 focusses on the unique sound of the Top Boost channel which is easily considered to be trademark tone of the AC30. It utilizes a full tube design, with two 12AX7 tubes in the pre-amp and four EL84 tubes in the power-amp, to every nuance of the Top Boost channel’s sonic character from sparkling clean to fat overdrive.
Expandability to meet today’s needs
The AC30S1 provides the expandability needed for the varied playing styles of today’s guitarists. The send/return jacks allow convenient connection of external effects, and an external speaker out is also provided for connection of an external speaker cabinet. The unit also has a built-in reverb that simulates a spring reverb unit, further expanding your tonal range.
The AC30S1 is the amp for everyone and everywhere
Since it first appeared in the 1960s until the present day, there have been a variety of AC30 models, including the famed six-input model, models with various speaker options, and hand-wired units, among others. Of these numerous AC30 models, the AC30S1 is the simplest way to experience full-fledged AC30 sound. It’s also lighter and more compact than previous AC30 units, making it easily transportable. With the AC30S1, you can harness legendary VOX tone anytime and anywhere.
Vox AC30S1 Combo Features:
- Stripped-down 1-channel guitar combo amplifier inspired by the AC30’s legendary Top Boost circuit
- Touch-sensitive Top Boost-inspired circuit delivers everything from chimey cleans to smooth overdrive
- 2 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 EL84 power tubes deliver the sublime all-tube tone you’d expect from a classic Vox
- Equipped with a 12″ Celestion-made speaker voiced specially for the AC30S1
- Drench your playing in studio-quality digital reverb
- Integrate your pedals and external effects with a built-in effects loop
- Boasts an external speaker output for pairing with other speaker cabinets
- Type: Tube
- Number of Channels: 1
- Total Power: 30W
- Speaker Size: 1 x 12″ Celestion VX12
- Preamp Tubes: 2 x 12AX7
- Power Tubes: 4 x EL84
- Reverb: Digital Reverb
- EQ: 2-band EQ
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4″
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4″ (external speaker)
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Construction Material: Black Tolex
- Power Source: Standard IEC AC cable
- Height: 21.65″
- Width: 25.91″
- Depth: 10.43″
- Weight: 54.01 lbs.