Zoom Q4n 2.3K HD Handy Video Camera
Zoom Q4n - Want to make a real impression on your audience? Show them the kind of high-quality video and professional sound you can capture with a Zoom Q4n Handy Video Camera. This is the on-site recording camera the performing world needs, with its go-anywhere design, superior wide-angle optics, killer low-light handling, and the same amazing sound quality that's made Zoom a leader in the industry. Playing a dark pub gig? No problem. Under the bright lights of a rock stage? The Q4n can handle anything. It's even perfect for live streaming, and with 3M (2.3k) maximum video resolution, it's perfectly suited for capturing video for professional videography work.
Ideal optics and video modes for less-than-ideal lighting
One of the things we've always appreciated about Zoom is the pragmatic way they design their gear for the real-world scenarios our customers experience. So while the super-clear 160-degree F2.0 wide-angle lens onboard the Q4n is on par with any action camera on the market, the rest of the system is geared specifically for capturing the best possible video imaging in the unique lighting environments typical in live sound venues. Ten Scene options allow you to instantly adapt the Q4n to your setting, accommodating dimly lit jazz clubs, dazzling rock stages, and sunny outdoor sets alike. There are also five levels of digital zoom onboard, so whether you clip your Handy Video Camera to your guitar with the included 3-prong Action Camera Adapter, set it onstage, or tripod it back at the mixer, you can still frame your shot exactly how you like.
The professional sound quality we expect from Zoom
If you've ever suffered through the painful experience of surfing YouTube for footage of local bands, then you know that nothing ruins a visually satisfying video like unacceptable sound quality. The superb sound quality of Zoom Handy Recorders has made them one of the most recommended lines here at Music Machine, and the Q4n more than lives up to the standard. Its onboard condenser microphones provide you with wide A-B and focused XY stereo recording options. An impressive 140dB SPL handling makes them ideal for loud live sound venues, and with three Auto Gain settings, you'll get perfect volume levels every time. Even when you don't need video recording, we're sure you'll appreciate the Q4n's standalone audio recording functionality.
Formats and functions for every media application
When you buy a Zoom Q4n Handy Video Camera, you're not just getting a great recording device — you're opening up a world of cool new opportunities for you and your band. For most bands, the ability to record 1080p HD video with high-quality 320kbps/48kHz AAC audio for online video services such as YouTube and Vimeo is the most important format the Q4n has to offer. However, for more professional video applications, the Q4n's 3M (2.3k) video resolution and full 24-bit/96kHz WAV audio capabilities are sure to be useful. On the flip side, the Q4n's WVGA/720p, 16-bit/48kHz capabilities make it perfectly suited for video chat, webcam use, and live streaming via services such as Ustream Producer. And with up to three hours of battery life and an SDXC recording capacity of up to 128GB, the Q4n is a perfect grab-and-go media recorder.
Zoom Q4n Handy Video Camera and Media Recorder Features:
- Ultra-flexible video camera and media recorder designed for performing artists
- High-quality 160-degree wide-angle lens (F2.0/16.6 mm) provides an extended field of view
- Support for 5 HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as 2 WVGA modes
- Video bitrates up to 24 Mbit/s for extended image quality and frame rates of up to 60 f/s
- Records video and audio in MOV format for easy compatibility with video editing and streaming services
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- 5 steps of digital zoom and 10 Scene options accommodate different lighting environments and setups
- Full-color rotating touchscreen LCD makes framing and monitoring easy
- Self-timer function to delay video recording by 3, 5, or 10 seconds
- Can be used as standalone audio recorder, with data saved in AAC and WAV formats up to 24-bit/96kHz
- Records directly to SDXC cards up to 128GB for extended recording times
- Built-in stereo microphones offer up to 140dB SPL handling and can be configured for A-B or XY
- Keep an eye on your levels via the onscreen level metering and 2-color status LCD on lens
- 3 Auto Gain presets provide automatic control over audio input level
- 1/8" stereo input for use with external devices plus support for plug-in power
- Monitor your audio via headphones, monitors, or the built-in speaker
- Compatible with Ustream Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- Webcam and USB mic function with low-latency direct monitoring for computers and iPads
- Includes Li-ion battery, 3-prong action camera mount, USB cable, windscreen, lens cover, lens hood, and strap